- The majority of women have cellulite on their bodies.
- Stretching exercise routines are good for reducing the appearance of cellulite.
- Eating a healthy diet can help you manage and get rid of cellulite.
9 Exercises to Effectively Get Rid of Cellulite
If you’re looking for ways to get rid of cellulite, these exercises will help you do exactly that.
Glute bridges help tone your glutes and hamstrings, tightening the muscles for a smoother, tighter appearance. They’re easy to do, and for an extra challenge, you can add a resistance band in, wrapping it around your thighs just about your knees.
How to perform glute bridges
- Lie on the floor on your back with your knees bent, ankles underneath your knees, arms flat on the ground
- Push through your feet to raise your hips, squeezing your glutes at the top and holding for one or two seconds
- Lower your glutes back to the ground slowly and with control
Reps: 10 to 15
Sets: 3 sets
These will target your hamstrings, glutes, and quads. They’ll also help you maintain a healthy range of motion in your hips.
How to perform walking lunges
- Stand with your feet parallel, hands on your hips
- Step forward into a lunge with your right leg, then push through your right leg to bring it back to start
- Without pausing, repeat this process with your left leg. This is 1 rep
Plie squats target your glutes as well as your inner thighs. These strengthen your thighs while also lifting and firming your butt.
How to perform plie squats
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart with your toes turned outwards
- Keeping your spine straight, bend your knees as you tuck your tailbone in and squeeze your abs in
- Hold for 1 second at the bottom, squeezing your glutes, and then lift slowly and with control
Side lunges are a great way to work and tone your glutes. These are a type of stretching exercise. They also target your hamstrings as well as your inner thighs and quads.
How to perform side lunges
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart, toes facing forward
- Move your body weight over to one side, bending your knee until it’s 90 degrees and your either leg is straight
- Lift your back to the center and repeat on the other side. This is 1 rep
Deadlifts target a ton of muscles, making them a great all-around exercise. When you do deadlifts, you’ll be working your thighs, glutes, core, arms, and shoulders. You’ll need a set of weights for this exercise.
How to perform deadlifts
- Stand with your feet parallel and hip-width apart, toes facing forward as you hold your dumbbells in front of your thighs
- Squeeze your abs and keep your spine straight as you bend slightly at the knees, bringing the weights down towards the floor
- Squeeze your glutes and hamstrings to lift yourself back to your starting position
This is another exercise that will tone your thighs, glutes, along with other areas of your body. Along with your thighs and butt, you’ll be working the stabilizer muscles in your core.
How to perform glute kicks
- Kneel with your hands underneath your shoulders and your knees underneath your hips, spine straight
- Keeping your foot flexed, abs engaged and hips level, lift your leg into the air with your knee still bent at a 90-degree angle, squeezing your glute as you press towards the ceiling
- Hold for one second, then return leg to starting position. Repeat with the other leg. This is 1 rep
You’ll be targeting your glutes with this exercise. You’ll need a stool to perform this move effectively. If you’re looking for an extra challenge, consider holding a light dumbbell in each hand.
How to perform step-ups
- Stand about a foot away from an approximately knee-high stool
- Step forward onto the stool with your right knee, pressing down into your right foot to pull your left leg up onto the stool
- Once both feet are on the stool, lower your left leg behind you, stepping backward off the stool, your right foot following
- Return to starting position. This is 1 rep
Reps: Do 10 reps starting with one foot, then 10 starting with the other
Pistol squats are great for training your glutes and quads, but they’ll also help strengthen your core as well as your balance.
How to perform pistol squats
- Stand with feet parallel facing forward, hip-width apart. Extend one leg forward
- Put your hands on your hips, then sink back into a squat
- Using your glute and hamstring muscles, raise yourself back into a standing position
Reps: Do 10 reps on one side, then 10 reps on the other
You’ll need a stool to perform this exercise. It’s also a great way to target your glutes, hamstrings, quads, and your calves.
How to perform elevated lunges
- Stand a few feet in front of your stool, facing away from it. Bring one leg back and rest your foot on the bench with your heel lifted
- Bend your knee on the ground, lowering yourself until both knees are bent at a 90-degree angle, keeping your front knee directly over your ankle
- Lift yourself back up to start, squeezing glutes as you do
Reps: Do 10 reps on one side, then 10 reps on the other
What are some other ways to reduce cellulite?
Exercise is a great way to keep areas toned and strong to reduce the appearance of cellulite. But for a well-rounded cellulite management system, you’ll need to combine exercise with other things.
Eating a healthy diet is one way. Although diet doesn’t necessarily reduce the appearance of cellulite in and of itself, it can be beneficial for overall weight loss, which can help with cellulite.
You may also want to look into creams to keep skin moisturized. Maely B-Flat reviews show this product may be helpful for those with minor cellulite. But know many other brands may help manage cellulite.
The majority of women regardless of weight have cellulite. If you’re looking to get rid of cellulite, it’s important to understand that this is a normal condition that many people have. However, the 9 exercises above, when combined with a good diet and proper skincare, can help reduce the appearance of cellulite, leaving you feeling more confident.